1. Website Visitors
Like most website operators, Your Military Reunion Connection, hereafter referred to as YMRC, collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. YMRC’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how YMRC’s visitors use its website. From time to time, YMRC may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
2. YMRC's Website Security
- Site Security Certificate (SSL)
- What is a SSL and why does it matter to me?
- SSL Certificates use something called public key cryptography. This particular kind of cryptography harnesses the power of two keys which are long strings of randomly generated numbers. One is called a private key and one is called a public key.A public key is known to your server and available in the public domain. It can be used to encrypt any message. If Alice is sending a message to Bob she will lock it with Bob’s public key but the only way it can be decrypted is to unlock it with Bob’s private key. Bob is the only one who has his private key so Bob is the only one who can use this to unlock Alice’s message. If a hacker intercepts the message before Bob unlocks it, all they will get is a cryptographic code that they cannot break, even with the power of a computer. If we look at this in terms of a website, the communication is happening between a website and a server. Your website and server are Alice and Bob.
- What is a SSL and why does it matter to me?
- What does an SSL Certificate do for site visitors?
- Keeps yours and our data safe
- Builds/Enhances trust between you, our customer and YMRC.
- Provides you, our customer, visual proof that we take your privacy seriously
3. Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to YMRC's website choose to interact with YMRC in ways that require YMRC to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that YMRC gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a newsletter to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with YMRC – by attending a YMRC Reunion Planners Workshop– are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, YMRC collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with YMRC. YMRC does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
4. Aggregated Statistics
YMRC may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, YMRC may monitor the most popular pages on the ymrc.net site or use spam screened by the Akismet service to help identify spam. YMRC may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, YMRC does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
5. Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
YMRC discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that
- Need to know that information in order to process it on YMRC behalf or to provide services available at YMRC’s website, and that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using YMRC’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. YMRC will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, YMRC discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when YMRC believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of YMRC, third parties or the public at large.
- If you are a registered user of the YMRC website and have supplied your email address, YMRC may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with YMRC and our services.
- If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
- YMRC takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, YMRC will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- YMRC will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- YMRC will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- YMRC will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- YMRC will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- YMRC will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- YMRC has several forms on the website and in the future may add more or remove forms that concern registration and transmission of personal information, only YMRC has access to this information.
- YMRC Reunion Planner's Information may be shared with other Planners at a Reunion Planners Conferences
- YMRC Reunion Planner's personal information will not be shared with other Reunion Planners without their permission.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
7. Business Transfers
If YMRC, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that YMRC goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of YMRC may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Comments and other content submitted to YMRC may be saved on our servers.
- March 22, 2018
- Added information about SSL
- May 14, 2016
- Changed "workshop/s" to "Conference/s"
- Corrected grammatical errors & misspellings
- March 13, 2015
- Added Mail Chimp privacy information
- December 18, 2014
- Grammatical errors corrected
- October 6, 2014
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.